Donnieclark
Vient participer
Vient participer

Présentatrice favorite: fansforum

Posté le: Mercredi 13 Décembre 2017, 12:41
Sujet du message: 6 Videos To Use In Your Social Justice Lessons
Répondre en citant

Hi,
my students wanted to write poetry about Trayvon Martin and hold fundraisers for the Haitian earthquake survivors. I have no doubt that if I had still been in the classroom, we would have discussed Ferguson and Eric Garner, and gone to see Selma. And though I am no longer a classroom teacher, I felt a sense of pride when I read about the many educators who did engage their students in discussions and lessons on social justice after recent events. There is a small army of teachers out there who are teaching students what it means to speak up, as activists, and more simply, as humans.

Our students are not growing up in a bubble. In fact, they are more connected and informed than any other generation in history. News travels fast over social media and students of all ages are privy to information that adults used to try to withhold from them. But now they see it all.

Current events give us a platform for discussing and debating right and wrong. When students develop their understanding of fairness and equality, they grow and learn about the world. Teachers who design units around themes of social justice keep students acutely engaged. We are all drawn to stories, yet when a story’s ending leaves us unsatisfied, we think deeply about it—what message is the story trying to send? What ending would I have been satisfied with? How can I rewrite that ending?
Please help.
Thanks!

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
http://www.edudemic.com/6-videos-use-social-justice-lessons/

Business Marketing Examples
Publicité

Posté le: Mercredi 13 Décembre 2017, 12:41
Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Sauter vers:   

Index | Créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation